This sound intresting..

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:59 AM

This sound intresting.. but I was thinking how it is different from Word to HTML Conversion in MOSS ...

Also i tried it using following sample word document , and most of the fomatting is gone 

http://www.xmlw.ie/aboutxml/wordsample2.doc --> i converted this file in docx format and used it with ur solution

thanks

sandeep

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for taking a look at the solution and letting me know your thoughts. It is a work in progress, thanks for the input.

To answer your query, the amount of missing formatting you may experience really depends on how the SharePoint HTML Parser treats your HTML source. The HTML page content supplied at initial item creation is parsed and 'interpreted' by SharePoint. The parsing (and modification to source HTML) depends on the version of SharePoint you have installed (e.g. SharePoint SP1 editing experience is far better than release) or whether you have a 3rd party editing tool enabled. The HTML source is also parsed on presentation for WYSIWYG editing.

We do have control over the HTML generation (at the time of translation from word) via XSLT.

I've upated the latest release of the solution to provide better decorated HTML tags for handling of style via class reference. It should handle most your formatting requirements when used in conjnction with an appropriate CSS.

I hope this helps!

- Mark.